ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
The Alliance College-Ready Public Schools Foundation (Alliance Foundation) is dedicated to strengthening the community support and investment that has lifted Alliance College-Ready Public Schools (Alliance) since its inception. The Alliance Foundation raises resources and visibility for the Alliance network of schools, advocates for policies that improve quality public education for historically underserved youth, and builds partnerships to strengthen Alliance schools and the communities that Alliance serves. We believe in the unlimited potential of our scholars and work to shine a bright light on what is possible for all public schools.
Incorporated in 2019, the Alliance Foundation builds on the strong legacy of active and engaged civic leaders who are committed to educational justice and who believe in the brilliant promise of Alliance scholars and schools. In joining the Alliance Foundation, you will join a collaborative community to make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools (Alliance) was founded on the belief that all young people, regardless of zip code, are capable of achieving at high levels. Alliance is now one of the largest and most successful public charter school networks in the nation, operating 26 high-performing middle and high schools serving 13,000 scholars in systemically-oppressed communities across Los Angeles.
Now in its 19th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success. Despite the average scholar arriving at Alliance schools four grade-levels behind in reading, 97% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college, including 85% to a four-year college or university in 2023. Alliance strives to change the trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Foundation, the Manager, Foundation Operations plays a vital function in establishing and maintaining financial and business operations systems that allow for the efficient functioning of the Foundation. By serving as the operations lead, the Manager, Foundation Operations facilitates the primary function of the Foundation, which is outreach and fundraising. As part of a small but dynamic team, the Manager, Foundation Operations will engage in a wide-variety of financial, human resource, operational and board management projects and is key to the successful operations of the Foundation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Financial Management and Operations
- Ensures complete and accurate accounting records for the organization. This includes contributing to the monthly close, monthly budget monitoring, annual audit, and a variety of financial reporting to the organization’s leadership, board, and stakeholders.
- Develop and manage systems and processes for efficient financial reporting and tracking for both revenue and expenses.
- Ensure weekly reporting of received revenue to Finance teams for proper tracking of contributions.
- Closely collaborate with Alliance Foundation finance team to manage monthly expense reconciliation, ensuring tracking and reporting on all receipts.
- Manage the scoping, identification, and development of technological and digitals tools to advance the engagement of Alliance constituents.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts, account records, and documentation.
- Manage deadlines and submissions of relevant tax, legal, audit and insurance policy documents for the Foundation.
- Manage hiring processes and onboarding and offboarding for staff.
- Support Executive Director in management of HR policies, procedures, and systems including managing annual compliance requirements and payroll and benefits platform.
- Develop and update as necessary Operations Handbook to ensure documentation and consistency of key operational functions across the Foundation.
- Create and manage an electronic filing system that provides coherence and consistency for the Foundation team.
- Identify and develop efficiencies across team members and projects including software and workflow solutions.
Board Engagement and Logistics
- Manage and execute the logistics of the Alliance Foundation Board of Trustees, including managing board meeting calendar, managing board meeting planning timeline, materials preparation (e.g. pre-reading materials, board meeting deck, board resolutions and minutes), in person and online logistical setup (e.g. food and physical space set up to manage online meetings).
- Manage all logistics for Board and Committee meetings, including materials preparation (e.g. pre-reading materials, meeting deck, resolutions and minutes), scheduling, online logistical setup and management.
- Staff executive director for Finance, Audit and Nominations committees, taking minutes and ensuring materials distributed pre and post meetings as needed.
- Create and manage tracking systems for Board commitments and activities.
- Help create and maintain materials and systems for board recruitment and onboarding.
Team Collaboration and Functioning
- Manage key strategic projects in collaboration with the Executive Director to support and execute on the Foundation’s organizational priorities, including working with the Executive Director and Board Vice Chair to manage the strategic planning processes.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to build team collaboration rituals and activities.
- Develop and manage team meeting agendas and calendar to serve as tools to advance the strategic goals of the Foundation, and track follow-up as needed.
- Help coordinate and schedule collaborative meetings with other Alliance teams as appropriate.
Executive Director Support
- Manage the ED’s schedule, setting meetings with outside stakeholders, coordinating logistics of meetings and coordinating materials as needed.
- Conduct follow-up from ED meetings as needed, including communicating and following up on action steps, sharing notes with appropriate stakeholders, and coordinating any needed logistics.
- Manage and submit ED monthly reimbursements.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage and multi-task many projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Discretion, diplomacy and ability to work with a broad range of diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy
- Motivation to work with a team deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and to becoming an anti-racist organization.
- Commitment and willingness to learn and grown
- Knowledge of urban school environments and educational policies a plus
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- Experience working effectively with diverse audiences and ability to anticipate audience needs
- Experience setting up effective tracking and management systems for team use
- Ability to work successfully in a remote work environment
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least three (3) years of professional experience in an office and administrative setting OR at least 5 years of professional work experience and a high school diploma or equivalent (e.g. G.E.D).
- Travel throughout Los Angeles is required; valid driver’s license and automobile available for daily use.
- This is a hybrid position (mostly remote, with a need to occasionally be on-site) and must be based out of the greater Los Angeles, California area.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In alignment with our commitment to equity for our scholars, Alliance Foundation is committed to equity and transparency for our team and offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience as well as generous retirement and health benefits. This position is exempt.
- Compensation: Alliance Foundation provides a competitive salary. Based on relevant prior work experience, our salary range for this role is $72,000 – $105,000.
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision plans options that are covered at 100% of monthly premiums for individual employees.
- Retirement: Alliance Foundation employees are eligible for a 401k retirement plan, with an annual employer contribution equal to 6% of regular earnings, plus an additional 1% match.
- Paid Leave: Paid time off benefits that include an annual accrual of 15 days vacation and 10 sick days, in addition to 19 paid holidays, including paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Professional Development: At Alliance, we believe in supporting staff growth and development. Alliance Foundation staff are allocated $600 per year for professional development expenses.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alliance Foundation does not discriminate against any scholar, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.