ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
The Alliance College-Ready Public Schools Foundation (Alliance Foundation) is dedicated to strengthening the community support and investment that has lifted Alliance College-Ready Public Schools (Alliance) since its inception. The Alliance Foundation raises awareness, enhances resources, and fosters advocacy and partnerships for Alliance scholars and schools. We share best practices with the larger education community and policy-makers to boost our schools and shine a bright light on what is possible for all public schools.
Incorporated in 2019, the Alliance Foundation builds on the strong legacy of active and engaged civic leaders who are committed to educational justice and who believe in the brilliant promise of Alliance scholars and schools. In joining the Alliance Foundation, you will join a collaborative community to make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools (Alliance) was founded on the belief that all young people, regardless of zip code, are capable of achieving at high levels. Alliance is now one of the largest and most successful public charter school networks in the nation, operating 25 high-performing middle and high schools serving 13,000 scholars in systemically-oppressed communities across Los Angeles.
Now in its 16th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college, including 73% to a four-year university in 2018. Alliance strives to change the trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree.
The Development Associate is responsible for providing a range of important database and administrative support to the Alliance Foundation team. Responsibilities include donor data management, database management and reporting, event logistics and support, gift processing, and donor acknowledgements. The Associate reports to and works in partnership with the Director of Annual Fund and Events. The Associate is a member of the development department and works as part of a diverse, dynamic, and growth-oriented team to raise critical revenue to support Alliance scholars and schools.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Database Management (40%)
- Manage and serve as the administrator for the Salesforce database, including entering constituent and fundraising data, generating reports, and supporting customizations and improvements to the database.
- Work in partnership with the Vice President of Development, Manager of Foundation Operations, and Salesforce consultant as part of the team that drives Salesforce efforts at the Alliance Foundation.
- Support the Manager of Foundation Operations to help develop and document procedures and processes in Salesforce and fundraising business practices generally for the organization.
- Create and maintain accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date fundraising data reports for staff to drive development strategies.
- Support monthly donor reconciliation with our finance records.
- Conduct contact data entry in email marketing platform, Emma.
Event Logistics and Support (25%)
- Execute logistics for fundraising, donor cultivation, and volunteer events, including our annual Heroes Among Us celebration which raises $1M annually.
- Support various aspects of event pre-production and production, working with diverse internal and external constituents (event producers, vendors, sponsors, donors, board members, and volunteers).
Gift Processing and Donor Recognition (25%)
- Lead all gift processing for donations to the Alliance Foundation, including ensuring that gifts are processed in a timely manner, and supporting improvements in gift processing procedures.
- Create donor acknowledgments and ensure they are sent in a timely manner, and periodically updating and refreshing language for donor acknowledgments.
- Support the Director of Annual Fund and Events in executing all mailings (e.g. solicitations, invitations), including our Year-End Mailing containing our Annual Report, as well as mailings for fundraising events.
Administrative Support to the Development Department (10%)
- Coordinate donor and partner site visits to Alliance schools and other meetings as needed.
- Manage vendor payment and monthly credit card reconciliation for the development department.
- Occasionally schedule meetings for the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Annual Fund and Events.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Superior attention to detail.
- Experience and aptitude working with databases and managing data.
- Strong motivation for providing top-notch customer service and administrative support.
- Salesforce experience is strongly preferred.
- Motivation to work with a team deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and to becoming an anti-racist organization, pro-Black organization.
- Professional demeanor, strong self-confidence, and initiative.
- The ability to work both independently and in strong collaboration with team members.
- Knowledge of urban school environments is a plus.
- The ability to handle sensitive personal and financial information confidentially.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and successfully.
- Strong analytic and systems thinking necessary to interpret data to inform goals and strategies, as well as build infrastructure where none exists.
- The ability to manage up to senior staff with clear tasks and deadlines.
- An entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment.
- The ability to lead and work well with diverse Alliance Foundation and Alliance stakeholders.
- A strong commitment to the mission of the Alliance Foundation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of professional experience.
- Experience working with databases required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; Google Applications.
- Travel across Los Angeles is required; valid driver’s license and automobile available for daily use.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The Alliance Foundation is committed to being an environment where employees find meaning and joy in their work every day, within a culture of collaboration, support, and excellence. The Alliance Foundation is proud to offer the following benefits to employees:
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
- A comprehensive group health benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- An 401k retirement plan, with an annual employer contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings.
- Paid time off benefits that include an annual accrual of 15 days vacation and 10 sick days, in addition to 11 paid holidays and paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
This position is Non-Exempt. The salary range for this position is $47,000 – $70,000 ($22.59 / hr – $33.65 / hr). Like all positions at The Alliance Foundation, this position will be based at a home / remote office.
Interested candidates can apply by submitting their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted beginning the week of July 12, 2021.
The Alliance Foundation does not discriminate against any scholar, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.